Things to bring on your trip
1. Bring a copy of your passport's first page, copies of all your credit card numbers and the phone numbers to call to report lost credit cards. Keep these in a separate location from your wallet or purse. It's also a good idea to leave copies of all these numbers with a friend or relative back home. Should you lose your passport or credit cards, having this information will be invaluable.
2. Bring comfortable shoes.
3. Bring two sets of all prescription medicines that you must take and pack them in different locations in case one bag gets lost. Also bring a copy of your written prescriptions, including those for eyeglasses and contacts.
4. Bring an extra fold-up bag that you can unzip and fill with purchases as you travel. Make sure it is sturdy enough to bring back as luggage and bring a name/identification tag for it.
5. Bring your sense of humor and an open mind.
6. Bring lots of film or additional memory for your digital camera. Film
is often fresher and cheaper in the U.S.
7. Bring a small carry-on with an extra set of clothes. Should the worst happen and your bag is lost, you will have a change of clothes until your bag catches up with you. If you must take daily medication, bring a two-day supply with you in the carry-on.
And last, bring a small umbrella, that way it won't rain for sure!